Piano Software

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:44:22

Hi,

When choosing a database program the number one item on the feature list
should be the ability to export data from any and all fields. If that
feature is not there then you risk loosing access to the information.

It is probably a bad idea to use a spreadsheet as a database. The time to
"load in" the data file will rise exponentially as the number of records
increases.

Hint: email your data files to a yahoo account or gmail account. That way
you will have "off site" storage.

As far as linux goes I'm sure that "open office" includes a database.

At 08:24 AM 12/15/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Duaine,
>         This is all well and good. I wish that all software were open.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner