who's responsible?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:28:51 EST

Terry,

Whether responsible or not, in the customer's eyes, you are.  It's  better to
offer to pay for damages and maintain a decent relationship with the
customer than to battle her and risk any kind of negative feelings that dreaded
by-product, bad word-of-mouth.  Bad press in a business that relies almost
entirely on referrals is not a good thing.

Don't feel too badly...we all do this sort of thing from time to  time.  I
dropped my tuning hammer on the fallboard of a brand new Mason and  Hamlin 50
inch upright a few weeks back.  Put a nice gouge right on the  most visible part
of the piano.  The job I did might pay for the finish  work, but I doubt it.

I'm just happy she's one of my most understanding customers!

When one feels hurried, bad things happen.

Good Luck,

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 12/15/2005 5:44:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,