Boston pianos

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:45:35 EST

Hi Ric

Ric writes
    In fact I think you could argue that a quiet piano is just  the
thing for many situations.  In such cases the Boston, with a closed  top
and back against a wall would fit the bill.  Opening the top yields  a
rather dramatic increase in sound.  So much so that I have a hard  time
thinking they didn't do this on purpose... I  mean they must have  at
least noticed this affect by now and they've had all kinds of opportunity
to change things...and they haven't.
  WOW  Ric I wish my experience with  Boston's was like your. The ones at The
college seem like they were designed to  produce the sound of shattering
glass from the git go. They don't' tune that  well either Y no body enjoys it

Finnally... having the  instrument in the open  and listening from an
audience perspective with  the soundboard angled slightly towards the
audience... the instrument  sounded quite wonderful. Delightful
actually.  Plenty of power and a  very nice balance... a pretty voice I'd
have to say.  By no means  overpowering to be sure. But all in all... I
think I kind of like them.
  Ok Then,Can we swap ours grin , for  yours

Still.... I would like just a bit more sound out  front without having to
open the top.  A different kind of front panel  might be an answer....
   Thus the problem with many upright built in such a closed up  fashion

Anyways... I am still anxious to hear what Ron  Overs has to say about
the reasoning behind his last post on the subject.  How does a soundboard
get designed purposely to be quiet, yet maintaining a  pleasing balance ?
   Me too. Always got my ears  open.
 Cheers back at you
   Dale

Cheers