regaling hammers

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 22:41:29 -0800

Yes,the cheapest one.Dark and balsamic type will leave dark stain spots.Try
it on a junky part to prove to yourself that it woyks. Good luck! Isaac

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Brian Doepke
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:37 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: regaling hammers

White vinegar ?

Brian P. Doepke

AAA Piano Works, Inc.

260-432-2043

260-417-1298

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Isaac Sadigursky
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:12 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: regluing hammers

Hi,Brian! To reglue loose hammer heads just apply some vinegar on the glue
joint and 12 minutes later it will re-juvenate the glue and will be hard
again.This trick I had learned long time ago from late Bob Russell and
shared it in many of my classes and it made it to the Journal,also.It
works!!! Also,to remove hammers or to loosen weak glue joint-use vinegar and
4 minutes later it easely comes apart.Works on loose-sqaky chairs and
antique furniture.Also,you can do it in the piano without removing the
action and taking it to your shop... Good Luck!! Isaac

  _____