Voicing question

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 19:46:40 EST

HI Key
  If your client  needs voicing & you are  not experienced I would encourage
you to hire an experienced voicing technician  & go with them to learn some
procedure & also to develop your own  hearing/ears. I know of no better way to
do this. AMHIK . Do not experiment  on a clients piano but use this as an
opportunity to gain valuable skills  working with another. These Kawais have
tremendous tonal potential especially if  this is the RX series & it can give the
sound your client  desires
    Good luck
  Dale Erwin

I told her to "wear  in" the piano(Kawai 6 ft.) in a year or so and the noise
would  diminish. Sure enough now,. a year later the piano sounds much better.
However  she would like what she refers to as a "richer" sound. I believe I
can accomplish this with voicing, but I don't know how to go about it.  What
gives a piano a richer sound?

  key

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com