Bead Blasting Follow-up question

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:12:27 EST

David
   For brass parts we start by dipping them in Hydrochloric  acid.  Your
local chrome  plater will dip them & then they are so  much  much easier to
polish. Respiratory caution is of course always the  first order of business with
any hazardous procedure involving dust or fumes.  BTW I consider anything in a
spray can & as a unique & painful way to  poison my self. Especially
Permalon... it can be almost lethal ask AMHIK. Same  with residues form &
  any kind of beak or sand blasting.
  Dale

Help  -
There was what I think was a recent discussion (or at least  mention) of bead
blasting cabinets, where someone mentioned Harbor Freight  Salvage as a
possible source of an inexpensive unit.  I have been unable  to find that
discussion.  My question though is for anyone who uses this  process.  The manual seems
to strongly emphasize respiratory  precautions.  Is this, in fact, a real
concern, even with these smaller  units? Also, what's the best material for
cleaning action  parts and  screws?

Many thanks -

David Skolnik