Bass Players

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:01:11 -0600

> I have always wondered about the sharpness
> of some other guys bass. I mean.... I just don't hear it workin'.
> Especially with melodic intervals, as opposed to harmonic.

I've always been more concerned with harmonic than melodic, I think.
Maybe it's a definition thing. Minimum garbage takes precedence over
subjective pitch or specific partial matching impression in the bass
for me. It seems to be a matter of what subset of garbage you chose
to pay more attention to. I rely on double octaves here to sort and
eliminate.

Ron N