regluing hammers

Geoff Sykes thetuner@ivories52.com
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:19:17 -0800

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Brian Doepke
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 3:41 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: regluing hammers

Hello List,
=20
My situation is this.  A customer of mine has a Wurlitzer spinet with 54
loose hammer heads that click when they are played.  I was unable to =
remove
the heads while the action was in the piano.  The glue is loose, but not
loose enough to be able to pop them off.
=20
I am planning to remove the action, take it back with me and remove and
reglue the hammers. =20
=20
What chemical is recommended to soften the glue enough to remove the =
heads?
=20
Thank you very much.
=20