wurzen testimonial

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 07:19:35 -0800

Monday I partially regulated a ten-year-old Steinway B for an
extraordinarily accomplished pianist. I replaced the front rail punchings
with Wurzen Crescendo conical punchings, lubricated all the key pins,
applied alcohol to the hammer flanges and teflon to the knuckles, lightly
filed the hammers, raised the hammer line slightly, and adjusted letoff. The
owner called me on Tuesday to thank me profusely - he loves it. He then sent
me this email:

"The firmer felt bushings increase feedback and facilitate consistency.
Along with the softer hammers, I find it easier to produce consistent volume
during high velocity playing and trills, particularly in the middle volume
ranges. There is a more decided finish to the key strike, which I find very
satisfying. I also feel more confident in my playing. It is hard to say how
much is related to the bushings and how much to the capstan and let-off
adjustments. In any case, the end result is a resounding success."

/

Jason Kanter . jkanter@rollingball.com
Piano tuning, regulation, repair
Serving Seattle and the San Juans