Cleaning bass strings

Steve Borgstrom orchman@comcast.net
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 23:40:08 -0600

I have played electric bass for 49 years in all kindsa bands and it
is true, boiling dirty strings can make 'em brighter and get a bit
more life out of them. It works better on round wound electric bass
strings than on flatwound or "ground round", so I would imagine it
would work to some extent on piano strings. It'd be worth a try as an
alternative to restringing , if you could just get them all back on
without busting the beckets on too many of them.

Steve Borgstrom
Coon Rapids, MN