filing plastic keytop edges...

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:33:07 -0800

You could use a router table with a laminate trimmer bit to get the
worst of it off. Mind the key lead holes if it's a grand.

Notching can be done on the same machine with a straight bit, key held
in a jig. This is a pretty scary operation and you'll want to practice
on some old throw away keys. Hold the keytop firmly to the keystick and
go slow with this operation to avoid chipping or loosening the keytop.

Straighten up the irregularities and break the edges with a mill smooth
file.

Buenos Notches
Tom Cole