no key for fallboard clamp

Thos Carpenter carpthos@televiso.com
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:37:35 -0700

Thanks everyone for your help.......I elected to knock out the pin.
Tom
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Fortiner=20
  To: 'bill peterson' ; 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 10:40 AM
  Subject: RE: no key for fallboard clamp

  OR - if you really want into it right now - the tumbler mechanism is =
held in place by a split drive pin which is easily accessed with a pin =
punch ( as I recall about a 3/32" punch ) from the outside of the lock =
mechanism.  Once this pin is pushed out of the way, the entire tumbler =
assembly will also slide out, releasing the clamping portion of the =
hands off lock.
  How do I know ??  Some kid did it to a lock in a school here.  Be =
careful if you remove that pin as you can also easily drop all the =
tumbler pins all over the floor upon removal.  damhik. :-(

  John Fortiner
  Billings, MT.

-----