Drilling for key leads and key flex

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:14:35 -0500

I don't know for sure, as I am not an engineer, but it sure seem likely to
me that a hole drilled half-way through the key will induce half the flex
that a hole drilled completely through would induce. However, if flex is the
concern, I should think that if you glued/epoxied the lead in place, then no
flex would be induced - or rather the change in flex would be limited to the
flex difference between spruce and lead (good golly, what would that be?).

So there's my half-cent worth (or worthless, as the case may well be).

Terry Farrell