Bridge physics

Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:57:10 -0400

Phil-
I seem to have come out of this one smelling worse than going in.  You seem
to have reacted to the only defensive part of my response.  In fact, my
reference to "less-than-definitive data" did not refer to any of the
current discussion, which I find immensely challenging, and for which, as I
tried to make clear, I am most appreciative.  It was, rather, a sense
of  the tenor of past discussions, where I, and yes, I guess RicB also,
felt that statements verging on certainty, whether about loose bridge pins,
or rising strings, were put forward, without the kind of data we now are
proposing to try to assemble.  I hope this clarifies my previous comments.

David Skolnik