Bridge pin angles

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:09:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Hi Phil -
>
>The web site for US Patent Office is  http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html
>The Wapin patent is #6,100,457

OK, thanks for the reference.

>The images make the configuration very clear.

Or rather, the configurations.  The patent seems to indicate that there are
several possibilities (see the figures 9).  From what I can tell from a
quick perusal, some of the configurations seem to give substantial side
bearing on the front pin and some none.  Or am I reading things wrong?  Is
there some 'default' configuration that is being used by those installing
Wapin?

>So far, though, I haven't figured out how to make the print large enough
>to read easily.

Perhaps you need a different viewer.  I use Alternatiff.  It allows you to
blow up the images and also rotate them.

Phil Ford