hammer pliers

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:06:30 -0400

Much depends on what is being done with the old heads. If they're being=20
thrown out why are we being so dainty about it? A pair of automotive side=20
cutters works great for me. I cut them right down the middle from the back=
=20
and they split in two right around the shank. Peel them off, clean the=20
shank and make the new hammers ready for hanging!

Greg Newell

At 11:58 PM 4/20/2005, you wrote:
>Hello Rick,
>
>I can supply pliers for removal of upright and grand hammers.  The left=20
>photo shows the pliers with the die for pressing out grand hammer=20
>shanks.  On the right you can see the attachment that replaces the die for=
=20
>use in uprights.  This is a new, heavy duty German tool with tons of=20
>leverage for ease of operation.
>Available only from - you guessed it...
>
>Jurgen Goering
>Piano Forte Supply
><http://www.pianofortesupply.com>www.pianofortesupply.com
>

>[]
>[]
>

> > Thanks Jon, but the ones I want are more like a grip type of pliers.
> > -------------- Original message from Jon Ralinovsky=20
> <mailto:ralinoj@muohio.edu><ralinoj@muohio.edu>: --------------
> >
> >> Hi Rick,
> >> Try Schaff page 43, #130A/B.