Control grand volume

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:01:34 +0100

Whats the stage made of ?  Sometimes a wooden stage or acoustically
active stage really helps to boom the piano sound out there... isolating
the piano by putting a nice thick carpet under it can help a lot in such
cases. You can also attach a thick peice of material to the underside of
the rim so that you more or less muffle the sound. I've heard of techs
stuffing foam rubber into the space between the bracings as well.  Just
a few thoughts

RicB