lacquering technique, was Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:31:50 -0500

Ric wrote:

>. One is forced ofte times to resort to lacq in the
> highest treble and sometimes in the bottom 3-5 notes....

This thread began with Conrad's photo of a hammer that was lacquered on the
shoulders but not the strike point, and had worn into a double-lobed
configuration.  Obviously lacquered incorrectly, regardless of hammer type.

My question is, if one is faced with a set of new Ronsen Wurzens which need
a little more guts in the 6th and 7th octave even after filing and ironing,
what is the appropriate way to lacquer?

thanks

Mike