Octave Tuning

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, before I go all out practicing this technique, I want to make sure I understand it.

When I tune the temperament octave (A3-A4), it needs to be a 4:2 octave, correct?  And one way to test this octave is to play the A two octaves above the lower note as the test key, to hear the partials in the octave, am I right?  If the octave you are testing has no beat whatsoever, you have a perfect temperament octave, is this true?

Thanks!
Matthew