My first Bush & Lane is on the way!

Lesher, Trent J. tlesher@sachnoff.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:25:57 -0500

Hi Terry,

Long time since I wrote, but you had to be among the first to hear my =
news -- either tonight or tomorrow my Bush and Lane Serial No. 49224 =
will arrive. I've been waiting months for shipping (agreeing to their =
schedule kept the cost down), but I bought it immediately sight unseen =
when I found it some time ago, by luck though not entirely by chance, in =
an employee newsletter of a utility in Ashtabula, OH (price: $80; =
shipping: $500).=20

And, I still haven't seen it; it is coming from about 450 miles away, =
and I just never got the chance. Now -- my understanding is that this is =
basically a functional piano, but in what condition I'll find the =
hammers or the bass strings, or the bushings and back-checks and so on, =
I can only guess wildly. Exact words from the seller -- whose ex-wife is =
no longer around to play and whose children just never took to piano =
lessons -- "probably doesn't need more than a fine-tuning" "beautiful =
sounding piano" "the tuner commented on how perfect the soundboard still =
is". So I am hoping that at least it will not immediately require a =
soundboard replacement, because I am looking forward to hearing what a =
Bush & Lane sounds like much sooner than I would find the time & money =
for all that. It was also refinished by the seller (a landscaper by =
profession). I have not even seen any pictures, so who knows?=20

So we shall see...I don't know if I'd buy another piano without seeing =
and playing it, but in this case at least the unknowns add to the =
anticipation and curiosity surrounding its imminent arrival. Presumably, =
it's hurtling my way down I-80 right now, unless the father and son =
piano-moving team bringing it are taking a break and it's sitting in the =
dark in the van in a parking lot somewhere.

I will keep you posted on what it's like when it gets here. =20

Cheers,

Trent
=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

=20

****** IMPORTANT NOTICE ******
This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly =
prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me
at (312) 207-1000 and permanently delete the original and any copy of =
any
e-mail and any printout thereof.