Low end Yamaha and Kawai pianos

Jenneetah yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:58:46 -0400

At 8:54 PM -0700 9/27/04, David Love wrote:
>Any body familiar with the low end models of Yamaha and Kawai who can
>recommend a favorite model for a person with a reduced budget.  I just
>don't see enough of them to have any service familiarity.

A local private school just bought 2 U1s and 2 T116s, both models
48". The T116 is supposedly the low-price Thomaston GA version of the
Japanese U1, but is very well made. These T116s had a sound every bit
as good as the U1s. If your customer can manage to get a 48" instead
of a 42" or 44", the T116 is a great deal. (Overlooking of course the
conglomerated falboard/frontpanel, and the "step-backwards" fastening
for the muffler rail on the T116.)