Fandrich Vertical Action

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:09:04 +1000

Hi all,

I'd like to lend my support to Jeannie, Joe and other list
commentators regarding the Fandrich vertical action.

I saw and played Darrell's pianos, with his action, at Reno in 2001
(the Fandrich Piano stand was very near ours).

Thanks, Jim Kinnear, for the link to the Fandrich action images at;

<http://www.dreams.org/staff/composer/music/piano/fandrich-action/>http://www.dreams.org/staff/composer/music/piano/fandrich-action/

The Fandrich action is a seriously good idea which works well and
deserves much better success on the world market than it currently
enjoys. Good ideas often are overlooked while status quo ordinary
designs, which have little more to recommend them other than being
the way things have always been done, continue to be produced.

The saying, "evolution is red in tooth and claw", applies as much to
new ideas with pianos as it does to nature. The common understanding
that many 'new' ideas actually aren't, makes the market success of a
genuine innovation more difficult.

Ron O.

--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY