Fandrich Vertical Action

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:13:35 -0700

Quentin asked: "I wonder if Mr. Fandrich has already presented his =
action in Europe."

Quentin,
Yes, Darrell has done exactly that. The parts are made by Renner. At one =
time Schimmell was going to offer it as an option. I don't know what =
happened orwhy they haven't followed up on it. IMO they're missing a =
good thing.
For those who are not in the know, the action was invented by Darrell =
Fandrich. His action was used in the Fandrich piano, made by Del =
Fandrich. Currently, Darrell gets new pianos from China and I think, the =
Chec Republic w/o actions, etc. He installs his actions and does other =
modifications to these instruments. The final product is an Industrial =
Strength Upright that plays like a grand and takes up less space!<G>
BTW, If you happen to run into one of these, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGULATE, =
AS IN UPRIGHT!!!!!!! You have a very specific set of steps that need to =
be adhered to. These specs are readily available from Darrell! If you =
attempt to "fiddle" with the action w/o this information, you'll really =
create a helluva mess! Think Grand!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police