Estey legs?

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:21:20 -0400

Mike McCoy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Had a phone call last night. A lady crying because she had her stuff
> moved into her home from storage and apparently when everything was
> moved into storage 2 years ago the legs and lyre of her Estey grand
> were lost, now she has a piano laying on the floor.

Mike, not an answer but an observation:

The legs, Lyre, and/or bench always seems to disappear if it's been in
storage for over 6 months..and it doesn't matter if it's a Steinway or
an Estey. I am hopeful that the technicians reading this will take note
when a client is moving a piano into storage..don't depend on the
moving/storage company to do it right. BE THERE when the moving company
puts the piano in place. Most moving companies will wrap the legs/lyre
together..I suggest taping them to the piano once its in place. These
parts and blankets, for some odd reason, seem to get legs(no pun
intended) and walk away, leaving one very sad and frustrated piano owner
when it is very avoidable. Make the moving company/storage company
accountable on paper, but take care of business for your client. The end
result is a happy client and an in-tact instrument.

Sorry for the rant - I see this WAY too often down here, and it is
completely avoidable.

Phil Bondi(Fl)