post card

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:37:42 -0700

David and all,
I concur with David.
I've had an "office" assistant for almost 10 years.   I couldn't be without
one at this point.  She spends on average, 20 hours a month retrieving and
organizing phone messages, returning routine calls (referrals for movers,
refinishers, piano teachers, etc.), handles all of my scheduling, makes
reminder calls,  and generally keeps me on track. And I never have to send
another post card again!  I still do all of my books and billing.  I highly
recommend looking into it.  I'll be glad to fill in the details for anyone
interested in further information.
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of David Andersen
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 6:25 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: post card

> Man does that sound nice.   Someone doing the scheduling, phone calls....
>
> David I.

It is nice. And profitable.  My gross income LEAPED when I knew I didn't
have to come home and work for another 2 hours; you're paying someone, as an
independent contractor, a fraction of what you charge hourly to take a huge
burden off your shoulders---and for me, the help is part time, with about
12-15 paid hours a week on piano business stuff--scheduling, email invoices,
deposits and payments, errands, answering the phone during the shank of the
day---10AM to 3PM. I get a LOT more done during my billable hours, and have
much more energy and pleasure for the work---it doesn't seem like an endless
grind so much.

My best to all----

David Andersen