Wild String???

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 18:33:55 -0500

Mark,

If you're raising the piano 100 cents, is it possible you're hearing extremely
different pitches leaking through the muted string(s)?

I'd suggest pull everything up to pitch without much regard for clean unisons,
false beats, etc. At least then you'll know it's a false beat problem. :-)

Warning: you may need to pull it up more than once if you're not over-pulling
to compensate for the pitch drop, which "might" not be a good idea on an old
upright. At least, the first time.

Avery