adequate piano

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:26:17 -0700

Simply to yourself....that's all.   I think it's time to drop=
 this item...

David I.

From: Matthew Todd <pianotech88@yahoo.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: adequate piano

Don,
I am proof that is DOES work.  If Anton Kuerti memorized all of=
 Beethoven's sonatas (which, there's only 32 by the way), that is=
 insanity!  He also performed Grieg's piano concerto at age 11. =
 That is a prodigy...I am not.  All of these pianists want the=
 very best when they practice, and they can and do get it.  I=
 cannot afford a Bosdendorffer Imperial, much less a 4'8'' grand.=
  If I could, I would be playing it all the time.  When I=
 practiced six hours a day, I had access to a Mason & Hamlin=
 grand, three six foot Steinways, and two old uprights.  Believe=
 me, I have proven what my original statement said.

Matthew

Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
Hi Matthew,

And Anton Kuerti learned all 33 Beethoven piano Sonata's in 33=
 weeks and
performed them from memory. But he did it on a Bosdendorffer=
 Imperial. And
he did them as live broadcast recordings.

What you offer is not proof Matthew. All it means is that you are=
talented fellow.

At 05:41 PM 24/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
> I later went on to win "Young Artist of the Year" here in WA,=
 and played
>the concerto with the Southwest Washington Symphony, and later=
 again with
>the Oregon Symphony. As far as documentation, I could send you=
 the
>newspaper articles, and perhaps a CD of the performance, but I=
 doubt it'd
>be worth it. Matthew

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/