adequate piano

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

Don,
I am proof that is DOES work.  If Anton Kuerti memorized all of Beethoven's sonatas (which, there's only 32 by the way), that is insanity!  He also performed Grieg's piano concerto at age 11.  That is a prodigy...I am not.  All of these pianists want the very best when they practice, and they can and do get it.  I cannot afford a Bosdendorffer Imperial, much less a 4'8'' grand.  If I could, I would be playing it all the time.  When I practiced six hours a day, I had access to a Mason & Hamlin grand, three six foot Steinways, and two old uprights.  Believe me, I have proven what my original statement said.

Matthew

Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
Hi Matthew,

And Anton Kuerti learned all 33 Beethoven piano Sonata's in 33 weeks and
performed them from memory. But he did it on a Bosdendorffer Imperial. And
he did them as live broadcast recordings.

What you offer is not proof Matthew. All it means is that you are a
talented fellow.

At 05:41 PM 24/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
> I later went on to win "Young Artist of the Year" here in WA, and played
>the concerto with the Southwest Washington Symphony, and later again with
>the Oregon Symphony. As far as documentation, I could send you the
>newspaper articles, and perhaps a CD of the performance, but I doubt it'd
>be worth it. Matthew

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.