adequate piano

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson0984@mchsi.com
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:28:54 -0500

That's wonderful Matthew. Just think where you might be today in the =
world of music if you would have had a good piano to learn on! Kidding =
you a bit here. Regards from a 68 year old who has been taking piano =
lesson for a couple of years. Hows that for starting late! Of course I =
will go far! I have a great piano! Rich=20

Richard Oliver Snelson

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 7:41 PM
  Subject: Re: adequate piano

  Well Don, during my concert days, I learned an entire piano concerto =
on a crappy piano...learned, memorized and perfected all the technique =
involved in four months.  I later went on to win "Young Artist of the =
Year" here in WA, and played the concerto with the Southwest Washington =
Symphony, and later again with the Oregon Symphony.

  As far as documentation, I could send you the newspaper articles, and =
perhaps a CD of the performance, but I doubt it'd be worth it.

  Matthew

  Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
    Hi Matthew,

    Provide us with documented proof. Thanks.

    At 03:52 PM 24/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
    >Hi Avery,

    >Just because what I said IS true, still doesn't mean that every =
university
    and=20
    >piano teacher in the world would do away with their Steinway's and =
get Hinze=20
    >uprights. Please take into consideration that I never meant someone
    should always=20
    >practice on an old upright and never on any good grand. I do know =
that if
    that=20
    >university professor or piano teacher is any good, they do stress =
that all=20
    >important fact. It is never wise to use your practice time solely =
on a
    great=20
    >instrument that does most of the work for you. You NEVER learn real
    technique=20
    >that way.

    >Do you want piano lessons too?

    >Matthew