Laptops vs ETD's

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 05:30:58 -0500

At 19:53 9/23/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Cy, for the laptop position with uprights I've used a house chair on
>numerous times and found that this position is a very confortable
>position with spinets.
>
>As far as pitch raising without mutes, the same can be done with the
>pocket version. You just have to zoom in the spectrum display.
>
>Marcel Carey, RPT
>Sherbrooke, QC

I use a laptop w/RCT.  I also use an external microphone.

With the mike, I can isolate the input almost completely from ambient
noise, and the cord is long enough to reach to a chair, stand, table, floor
and, with grands, on the lid which is on the short stick.  My laptop has
rubber feet/corners, and has never slipped,

On occasion, like when the piano is jammed in a corner, I've even shared
the bench with the laptop.

3.7 years, so far, with no equipment (laptop) failure.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

-A rose by any other name would still attract aphids.