Octave Tuning

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:19:38 -0700

> Hi David,
>
> Would you care to share your "proof"? Or is it subjective? How do you
> overcome the coupling of the strings?
>
> At 11:27 AM 22/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>> I believe I have proven, at least to myself, beyond a shadow of a doubt that
>> exactly the opposite is true:  When the unison is stood stock still, the
> sustain
>> and resonance of that note is increased to the maximum that is possible,
> given all
>> the other mitigating factors.

Hi, Don---sorry, Mr. Scientist <g>. I meant my own hearing, every time I
tune a piano, hearing the resonance increase when the unison is stood stock
still---pretty much every time, every note; more prominent in the
treble---or at least easier for me to hear---but hearable throughout the
piano.

What would proof look like?

Regards,

David Andersen