Laptops vs ETD's

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with this very much.  I too find Tunelab 97
better for understanding what is going on.  What I
miss in Tunelab Pro is the ability to easily preserve
the measured inharmonicity data for each partial.  In
Tunelab 97, those numbers became part of the saved
file.  In the Pro version, the data on individual
partials is condensed into a single number which
describes the string.

Vladan

===============================

 Actually... the ability of TL97 to be used to
generate tuning curves based on sampled partial
information in the same maner as one conciously
approaches an aural tuning has kept me using 97
over its later versions.

A little understanding of tuning theory, and a basic
understanding of how 97 works... and you can duplicate
the ear approach very nicely all the while learning
more and more about how partials fit together in the
great puzzle of tuning.

JMV

RicB