Customer call backs/reminders

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:45:59 -0700 (PDT)

Julia,

Just ask the customer what they would like. I tell clients that the manufacturers are almost universal in their recommendation of at least twice a year tunings.

I then ask the client if they would like us to check in with them in 6 months. Most will say yes. Many clients would like to be better about keeping on top of their pianos maintenance but simply forget.

Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:
Gretings,

           I have been thinking about calling back customers and reminding them to get their pianos tuned. I occasionally send out reminder cards at the request of the customer, however, I find something repulsive about calling to find/keep work
.
            I was just wondering how some of the folks on this list handle keeping and developing steady customers. Are steady regular customers something that will transpire over time, because the customer will like the tuning I put on their piano, or is it something that I must put effort into ie. phonecalls, postcard reminders?

Thanks in advance,
Julia Gottchall,
Reading, PA

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter