measuring key weight ratio

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 17:44:55 +0100

Grin... just add 20 grams to the existing front weight and subtract when
you are finished.  Remember... Front Weight is taken at an specified
point just under the front of the key with the key horizontally
oriented.  A 10 gram weight placed directly over the center of the
weight point will yeild an exact 10 gram increase in FW.

Front Weight is only <<valuable>> in terms of being a static
measurement.  Any and all issues relating to the dynamics of the key
during motion... inertia, compliance etc are a seperate issue of
course.  But from a standpoint of static balance... FW is FW regardless
of any condition behind the fulcrum.

Cheers
RicB