Octave Tuning

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:08:27

Hi Matthew,

There are no stupid questions. The 1/2 beat you may be listening for in an
octave occurs at what pitch level? A3 to A4 it could be at A4, A5, E6, A6
and etc. If the 1/2 beat is at A4 the octave will be quite narrow. If it is
at C#7 it will be quite wide.

Others have offered you excellent advice here, so I'll not repeat it, other
than to say the Accutuner site offers information on octave types here:

http://www.accu-tuner.com/SATIIImanual/aph.html

At 09:53 AM 22/09/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>  I have heard that some techs just tune the octave 1/2 a beat wide, and
>leave it at that.   Now you can call me stupid   Matthew

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.
REGINA, SK