tax deductions?

ilex cameron ross i1ex@earthlink.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:15:34 -0400

List -
I apologize if this is a silly question, but I am currently gnawing on an
opportunity I'd really like to take, except that it would require some
financial finagling. In weighing my pros and cons, a thought came up - as a
technician, if you purchase a piano that requires work that would help you
hone your craft, can that purchase at all possibly be written off as a tax
deduction?
I'm afraid it's going to break my heart if I don't grab this piano, but it
may break my wallet come April if i DO buy it...

May post again with requests for opinions on said instrument.

thanks,
ilex