Octave Tuning

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:40:04 -0400

Hi Matthew,

> Supposed and supposed... Its only supposed to do that if thats what
> you want it to do.

I just wanted to echo Ric's comments here. There are many different
tuning styles, you just need to choose what you feel sounds best whilst
keeping your mind open to other possibilities. If you're using an ETD
to tune with I would recommend spending some time occasionally without
it to determine what types of tunings you find more pleasing to your
ear, then you can go back to the device and see what it has to say.

> I agree one hundred percent. The cleaner the unison the better.

Same.

> And I'll go a step further... the cleaner the 12ths are the better the
> overall stretch of the whole tenor treble area

Interesting. I'll have to try that out sometime. Just to clarify, after
you set the temperament octave you use the 12ths as the primary means
to tune (at least within the tenor treble area)?

- John