SV: 1879 Steinway A (jacks)

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:20:33 -0500

Since I flexed the buckskin of the knuckle I kind of expected=
 that it's height might change a little bit, but I was pleasantly=
 surprised to find that the now softer knuckle didn't really=
 change dimensions and the hammer line was still good.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@mail.smu.edu

From: Quentin Codevelle <quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr>
To: pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: SV: 1879 Steinway A (jacks)

Hi David,

If the hammer strike line is properly regulated, the upper lever=
 should maintain the height of the hammer right (with the small=
 gap between the jack and the top of the lever)?
So if you moved the knuckle, it is normal that the hammer line=
 did not move, am I right?
To me it would have changed if you had loosen the repetition=
 spring.
Maybe I understood it the wrong way, can someone say if I am=
 right or wrong on this ?

Quentin