Full System Damp-Chasers

Corte Swearingen cswearingen@daigger.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:13:23 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I'm certainly not an expert in Dampp Chaser systems, having only installed
half a dozen, but it seems to me that there is still benefit in installing
a complete system here, even with extreme humidity conditions.

It seems to me that this is not a precise system and the de-humidifier and
humidifier bars will overshoot matters quite a bit.  If you just install a
heater bar with no humidity portion to work against it, aren't you in
danger of having the piano interior too dry?  I think there may be a
benefit of always installing a full system so the two systems (humidifying
and de-humidifying) can interact with each other and better compensate for
overshoot in either direction.

What does Dampp Chaser have to say about this?

Corte Swearingen
Chicago

                      "Joe Garrett"
                      <joegarrett@earth        To:       "pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
                      link.net>                cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Full System Damp-Chasers
                      pianotech-bounces
                      @ptg.org

                      09/20/2004 10:40
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Pianotech

Sheesh! If the relative humidity NEVER goes below 42%, then why in hell
would you install a full system. The Humidification unit will simply make
the De-humidifier work more! Even tho the Humidity unit Never turns on, the
damned thing is evaporating 24-7! To install the Humidity unit is of
absolutely no use to the customer and simply a way of extracting more money
from said client, IMO!
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I