Customer ethics--no more extras!

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:39:56 -0400

On Sep 19, 2004, at 10:57 PM, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> Avery,
>
> Uhhh...I don't give the tunings away, the dealer does. =A0I get paid,=20=

> but not enough to merit extra work. =A0

I would suggest talking to the dealer about the fact that you have been=20=

doing more work than he's ben paying for, and you would like to get=20
compensated for it by him. After all, these are problems which probably=20=

existed when the piano was delivered (excess friction in keys, excess=20
lost motion, rubbing hammers), not caused by "normal usage" by the=20
customer. Does the dealer want good word of mouth from pleased=20
customers or not? Try to convey this to him in a straightforward=20
manner.
Some technicians develop very positive relationships with dealers.=20
Others don't. I got out of dealer work as soon as I could. As for the=20
occasions when I have done some "dealer warranty work" -- well I've got=20=

a bounced check from said dealer on my desk right now. Warranty work=20
for manufacturers has, in my experience, been a much more positive=20
experience.
Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available