Dampp-Chaser sold on the internet (cheap)!

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:01:06 -0500

Hi Matthew,

Consistent humidity is difficult here, however are all on the same =
track. Let us not obsess on this and do what we can do to alleviate the =
problem.

Hubert
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2004 12:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Dampp-Chaser sold on the internet (cheap)!

  Hey Phil,

  We're talking about keeping the piano at a constant 42%, not making =
sure it doesn't get below it.  There's a big difference.

  Matthew

  Phil Bondi <phil@philbondi.com> wrote:
    Matthew Todd wrote:

    > Piano's environment??? You mean to say that your clients pianos =
never=20
    > drop below 42% relative humidity? Do your clients keep their =
pianos=20
    > on their front porch? If not, then a complete Dampp-Chaser is =
necessary.

    Matthew,

    you are not familiar with the environment in Florida. It is common =
to=20
    have on average 55-60% relative humidity year round, with AC. Open =
the=20
    windows, even in the winter, and it goes up.

    ..so yes, our client's pianos will never see 42% relative humidity=20
    without a DC.

    Phil Bondi(Fl)