1879 Steinway A

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:23:01 +0200

On 19-sep-04, at 18:58, David Love wrote:

> One thing to think about is that with the new shanks and old wippens=20=

> the
> jack will now not be at 90o to the shank at rest.  I don't really like
> that configuration.  I'd either try and  talk them into new wippens =
and
> make sure everything matches, or stay with the original dimensions and
> go with a very light hammer, or compromise and use a 16 mm knuckle =
with
> an only slightly heavier hammer than the original.  I try and not make
> customers problems mine.  If they don't want to change the wippens=20
> there
> will be a less-than-best compromise.  Explain the problem, inquire=20
> about
> their long term goals for the piano, and do what makes sense.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@comcast.net

Those old hammers you can't get back, besides, I personally don't think=20=

it is necessary, really. despite the changed angle.
New wippens are a good solution, installing a modern action including a=20=

new keyboard even much better.

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available