Dampp-Chaser sold on the internet (cheap)!

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Phil,

We're talking about keeping the piano at a constant 42%, not making sure it doesn't get below it.  There's a big difference.

Matthew

Phil Bondi <phil@philbondi.com> wrote:
Matthew Todd wrote:

> Piano's environment??? You mean to say that your clients pianos never
> drop below 42% relative humidity? Do your clients keep their pianos
> on their front porch? If not, then a complete Dampp-Chaser is necessary.

Matthew,

you are not familiar with the environment in Florida. It is common to
have on average 55-60% relative humidity year round, with AC. Open the
windows, even in the winter, and it goes up.

..so yes, our client's pianos will never see 42% relative humidity
without a DC.

Phil Bondi(Fl)