REMEMBER YOUR ETHICS (was Environmental tuning mysteries:solved,hopefully)

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:32:27 -0700

I don't do touch-up tunings.  Either you go through it or you don't.  If
you end up going through in 15 minutes, find something else that needs
doing to give them their monies worth.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of William R. Monroe
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 7:36 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: REMEMBER YOUR ETHICS (was Environmental tuning
mysteries:solved,hopefully)

I never really understood this "touch-up-tuning" concept.  I guess that
if I were to limit myself to unisons, that would be one thing, but I
find that no matter how close a piano is to being "in-tune," as soon as
I correct one note, the others invariably follow.  So, even on a piano
that is very close, I still have to go through all the motions that I
would on an instrument that is somewhat further away.  Any thoughts from
others?

William R. Monroe
Madison, WI
Assoc.