Yamaha agraffes

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:27:10 -0400

Ron,

I did the same thing to a GH-1B last year and the AGR-2M agraffe from
Pianotek fits perfectly.  The rescaling worked perfectly too.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Allan Gilreath & Associates, Inc.
PO Box 1133
Calhoun, GA 30703
allan@allangilreath.com
706 602-7667

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 12:10 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Yamaha agraffes

Does anyone out there know the threading on Yamaha agraffes? Or does
anyone
out there have a half dozen Yamaha bichord agraffes they would sell me?
I'm
modifying the low tenor scaling break in a GH1-B, and would prefer to
replace the trichord agraffes with bichords without having to wait six
months to get them from Yamaha. I know, I could use the originals and
leave
the center hole open (since that's what I'll be doing with the tuning
pins), but I'd like a narrower unison. Then again, the existing trichord

damper wedges may well work with the wide spacing without having to
change
them. In any case, I'd like information on the agraffes if anyone knows.
Ron N