Epoxy glue in Europe ?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:09:35 -0500

>FWIW:  Not that I advocate storing epoxy for an excessive length of time,
>but a couple years ago I found some West System resin and hardener in my
>garage that I know I brought down to Florida when I moved from Michigan -
>it had to be more than 10 years old and had been stored in my HOT Florida
>garage all that time. The resin looked OK, but the hardener had turned a
>red color. I called West System and they said that they said that yes,
>epoxy has a shelf life, but it is long and the epoxy was probably OK. I
>used the epoxy for some non-critical applications and it seemed to work
>just fine - got hard as a rock and all seemed normal.
>
>Terry Farrell

Ah, but what changes resulted in the speed of (the circle of) sound in the
cured material? Who's to say that the wave propagation rate of the
age-compromised material isn't sub-optimal as a result of it's being stored
beyond the Zodiacally indicatorial parameters of expiratorial storage
expectations? Defunctus Expectatum may have already set in to a degree that
even a government committee can't effectively obfuscate. How would you know
what sort of acoustic dysfunction you were introducing into an otherwise
potentially nominally perfect system? You might have actually made
something less good by the cavalier use of this suspect material.

Shame on you. Go to your room!

Ron N