Dampp-Chaser sold on the internet (cheap)!

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:18:37 -0400

> My first reaction which I
>did not voice is that if he buys the parts I will not
>touch it. What do you think? How would you handle this
>situation?

That sounds like a reasonable course of action to take. Why should you
put your labor AND an assumed guarantee on the line for parts from 'the
unknown'?

I would explain to your client that when you install a DC, you are
offering a guarantee on everything. Compromising on that guarantee would
not be a good thing for you. What happens if one of the parts fails, or
better yet, doesn't work when it arrives? Was it damaged in
shipping(another eBay nightmare)? Can you prove it?

Speaking for myself, the delivery of these parts is just as critical as
the correct installation of these parts.

You might notify DC about this 'distributor', unless it's from a person
looking to unload.

I wouldn't touch this gig.

Phil Bondi(Fl)