Epoxy glue in Europe ?

Ryan Sowers pianorye@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

For sure not all epoxy is equal! I have used the syrenge type epoxies that they sell in hardware stores and find that it does NOT cure as hard as WestSystem. The WestSystem product cures REALLY hard/ridged. Some other kinds are more flexible.

Also epoxy has a shelf life: Don't take chances with old stuff. If its more than a year old toss it! I also try to replace my cyanoacrylate glue every 6 months.

Stéphane Collin <collin.s@skynet.be> wrote:

The Araldite I used was in the form of two syringues coupled with one common
push button. Even without intelligence, that would have produced the right
mix, or do I miss something (again) ? And they claimed for optimal adhesion
after 12 hours, foreseen ambiant temperature was above 0°C, which was about
half the time I waited and 20° below actual temperature in the place where
it happened.

Ryan Sowers, RPT  Puget Sound Chapter
Pianova Piano Service
Olympia, WA