Dampp-Chaser sold on the internet (cheap)!

Clyde Allen tunepiano1@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:54:34 -0700 (PDT)

I recently received a call from a prospective customer
who claimed he could buy a Dampp-Chaser humidistat for
$77 and a dehumidifying rod for $48 on the internet. A
complete systen for a vertical piano is $270 and for a
grand is $326. He sent me the link. When I followed
the link and clicked on item #14 I found he was
telling the truth. He realizes that to install it
himself will void the warranty. Nevertheless he wants
to compare my price for buying the parts (and
installing) with the price he can get the parts for
online and have me install. My first reaction which I
did not voice is that if he buys the parts I will not
touch it. What do you think? How would you handle this
situation?

http://www.vandaking.com/us-shop/index.html

Piano Showcase
Order Toll Free 1-800-791-7144

Dampp Chaser® Humidistat for Dehumidifier

Automatic Humidistat for Uprights & Grands - $77.00

This is a Genuine Dampp-Chaser® Humidistat. Just plug
your Dampp Chaser dehumidifier into the humidistat and
it will automatically turn it on and off for you.
It's a great asset for every size of dehumidifier rod,
however, the manufacturer requires that it must be
used with all 48" dehumidifiers greater than 15 watts.

S-H2 for Uprights

S-GH-2V for Grands supplied with Velcro.
=================

LIMITS OF LIABILITY:
You are buying a Dampp-Chaser product.

All Dampp Chaser products must be installed by a
qualified piano technician. If the humidistat is
installed by someone other than a qualified piano
technician, the warranty is void, and the seller and
manufacturer assume no responsibility for damage that
may occur to your piano as a a result of improper
installation of the Humidistat, or failure to
understand and make necessary adjustments and perform
necessary maintenance.

By purchasing this Humdistat, it is understood that
the above statement is agreed to, and the buyer agrees
not to hold Dampp-Chaser Electronics Corporation or
Piano Showcase liable for any damage to your piano if
it is not installed as directed.

Base price : U.S.$ 77.00