time before tuning after DC install

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Andrew,

Damppchaser is now recommending a full month after
installation before tuning. Of course if the piano is
truly a mess, then knowing which way the pitch will
drift  can be used to get it "in the ball park" first.
I always book the tuning before I leave the
instrument.

>My problem is people don't remember after being told
>that when I install a system, the piano will need
tuning >after the climate has been stabilized in it.
I suggest >two or three weeks.  It it is humid, it
will go flat, if >it is dry it will go sharp,
particularly in the middle.  >After that followup
tuning things are really good.

>Andrew

=====
Regards,